I have been without internet most of the month. Also, we have been so busy with the house that I have not had chance to blog or send updates. Luckily, we are getting the internet hooked up soon at the house and I should be able to get on more often.
As most of you know we bought a house this month and were very blessed to find a great deal and a nice home. The only downside of the house is that it was not well cared for by the previous owner so it needed A LOT of work. The house is structurally perfect, but the interior left a bit to be desired. So over the first 15 days of the month, we painted every wall in the house, tore out all of the carpets, had new carpets installed, prepared the some floors for tile, and cleaned every nook and cranny.
The girls and I spent every day at the house working and cleaning. We were very grateful that God put some amazing friends in our path to help with the work. JoDee Martin and the Prachar crew helped as much as they could. It was heart stopping to think that God had this planned all along. We thought that the folks we knew we could count on were all in Iowa and Wisconsin, but God knew who He has lined up to help and they were all right here. He is so perfect in His ways.
It was overwhelming to consider all that needed to be done, but God made it all happen and on the 15th of the month, we moved in. Once again, God brought in the workers to help. Two friends from Agape came to help unload and within a few hours all of our boxes and furniture were in the house. Now we are in the process of unpacking and finding a place for everything. It is another step in the moving process and we are happy it is almost behind us. The next step is to have some visitors come to help us enjoy the house.
- Praise God that our house in FL closed easily and we were able to immediately start the process of cleaning, painting, fixing, and tiling. Also praise God for the help we received and that all of the work was completed in 15 days and we moved in by the middle of the month.
- Praise God for an uneventful Phase inspection on the plane. This means it is certified and ready to fly for another 200 hours before we have to do it again. Thank God for the volunteer mechanics that gave of their time to complete the inspection and all those who donated food to keep them working.
- Praise Him for all the volunteers that help at Agape. These folks do just about any job they are asked to do and Agape could not operate properly without these faithful people He has provided.
- Praise the Almighty that He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. We have been living out of our suitcases and moving boxes since mid-July. It was a challenge for us to live in the “ready to move” stage, “temporary housing” stage, “fixing up the house but not ready to move into yet” stage and the “unpacking” stage. In short, our lives have been CHAOS. We are grateful that He never changes. His love and protection guided us through this very unstable and busy time.
- Pray for the missionary family that Agape serves who through a tragic accident lost their son last month.
- Please pray for us as we continue to find a home church. We want to find a strong church that will feed us and challenge us in our walk. Pray that we will see God’s leading in this and find the perfect match for us.
- Please continue to pray for our house in Iowa to close and for that burden to be released.
- Please pray for Lance as he works at Agape. Every day presents something new and he is working through the learning curve with new projects and systems. Pray that God would give him wisdom and guidance.
- Please pray for the girls and for their schooling needs. We are in the process deciding whether to homeschool and/or find an affordable preschool. Preschool in FL is very expensive so we are trying to make the right decisions and find a place that meets their needs without costing the same as college.
Philemon 1:4-7 says it best, "I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints."
Happy Fall to all!
In His service, Lynn for the Anderson ministry team