Life at Agape this month was very “normal”. It is hard to really define normal anymore because it has been a long time since we had a normal month. This month we flew our 103th Agape flight to Haiti and the DR for the year. During the earthquake we had numerous other aircraft and those increased our numbers but our actual Agape plane has flown 103 flights this year. (Note-we flew 50 last year.) There is still much need for relief cargo, but, for now, the regular cargo outnumbers the relief supplies. Most of the missionaries we support are back in business so we are trying to keep up with their regular shopping requests and shipping needs. Customs and red tape are affecting how we operate at some airports but with prayer and connections we know God can take care of these issues.
I’m sure many of you are wondering how life in Haiti is six month post-quake. Well, life in Haiti is still very devastating. The living conditions are hot, rainy and uncomfortable. People are still living in tent cities. Many buildings are exactly where they fell on January 12th and progress to rebuild is very slow. Our pilots report that a ride around Port au Prince is heartbreaking but reports from other areas tell of slow and steady progress to rebuild. Many teams have converged on Haiti this summer to help the process. It is one building at a time and one team at a time that makes a difference. The people of Haiti are strong. They have lost so much but they have not given up. They continue to move forward and do all they can based on their limited resources and materials. Please keep the Haitian people and the missionaries in your prayers. There is still much to be done.
Here are our Prayer request and Praises for this month....
- Praise the Lord for the release of all the remaining sea containers. He worked His ways in customs again and all the supplies are already distributed in Haiti.
- Praise God for the many hours of volunteer work that goes on at Agape each week. From lawn mowing to plane loading to accounting, volunteers allow us to get it all done. God is faithful every week to provide the man power we need and we are so grateful for Him and the way He leads people.
- Praise the Father for our supporters who encourage us and allow us to serve at Agape.
- Please pray for customs issues that we face on a regular basis. Pray for God’s provision through the red tape in both Haiti and the D.R. He will find a way.
- Please pray for our family. We are constantly being stretched in new directions and we want to honor God in every way.
- Please intercede with us for the people of Haiti. There is still hopelessness and despair in many areas. Pray for God’s touch in their lives and that they will see where true hope comes from.
- Please pray for the search for a new Executive Director.
- Please also keep in your prayers Lynn's mom. After having a very good month, she is currently back in the hospital with unexplained neurological issues. Please pray for healing, peace and rest.
Thank you all for your faithful support and prayers. We are grateful for each of you. Please let us know how we can be praying for you.
Have a great month!
Living victoriously in Christ,