Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Quotes from Perspectives Class

Lance is currently attending the Perspective class at Grace Church and every week he comes back with some great quotes. This week we wanted to share with you some of the great quotes about missions he has heard.

Note: These are not exact quotes but rather paraphrased as fast as he could write.

Mary Slessor- Scotish Missionary

"Lord the task is impossible for me but not for thee. Lead the way and I will follow. Why should I fear? I am on a mission for the King."

William Carey- father of missions, pioneer missionary to India

"To know the will of God, we need an open Bible and an open map."

“Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God.”

“The future is as bright as the promises of God."

Hudson Taylor-missionary to China

"The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed"

"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply"

Brad Buser-missionary to Papua New Guinea 20 years

"Christianity has turned upside down. 1980 years you Looked in the Word. Now, we look inside ourselves."

"If you are Living for your Dreams, you are living in Sin. Live for His Desires."

4 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were taking Perspectives! We loved it, so timely for you too! The Wm Carey one about expecting great things for God was one of my favorite quotes from the whole class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav is the Great commission one. I think that one says it all. It is not an option.

    Lance is sitting in. He was too late to enroll so the gal who is running the class said he could attend as a visitor. He loves it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited that I found your blog:) Now I can follow your journey to Florida and pray for you along the way! Here's the info. about the canvases I painted: The artist's name is Yuko Lau and it's called Peek-a-Boo set. You can search any site like Amazon to find them. Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim. I appreciate it. When I get brave enough to try it, I will give you a call. You have inspired me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete